|質問数||4 – 8問|
- Mmm…I am not really sure, but…
- I don’t really know much about that, but…
- That’s an interesting question and I think I would have to say…
- Actually, that’s not something I’ve really thought about, but…
- Off the top of my head I would say…
I’m sorry I didn’t quite catch that, could you please rephrase it?
- Another way to put it is…
- Well, let me clarify that by pointing out…
- How can I put this better… Oh yes, what I mean to say is that…
- What I mean to say is…
- Sorry I have lost my train of thought what I’m trying to say is…
- Oh, I seem to have lost my train of thought, let me see, oh yes, that’s right, what I mean to say is…
Do you think students should be taken to school by their parents or go by themselves?
Actually, that’s not something I’ve really thought about, but if a student is in primary school, then he or she can use the school bus. Parents may also drop them to school. But if students are mature enough to go to school by themselves, they can go on their own without being dependent on their parents.
1. Is there any situation people disobey the law?
2. Do people like being a policeman in your country?
3. What qualities should a police officer have?
4. Why some people prefer to be a lawyer
1. Do people read more nowadays?
2. Do you read before going to bed?
3. In your opinion, how will e-books affect paper books?
4. What’s the difference between films and books?
1. What is the first subject learned by children in childhood?
2. What methods can be applied to make math class more interesting?
3. How do schools teach math in your country?
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a calculator?
5. Do you think students should choose the subjects they like?
1. Tell me about the types of programs that are generally on television in your country.
2. Do you think state or private television is better?
3. Let’s move on from TV programs to television in general. How has TV changed our lives?
4. Do you think TV influences the way we think?
1. In your opinion, do business people have to work long hours?
2. How do business people relax?
3. Let’s move on to the topic of small businesses. How can a small business grow big?
4. In your opinion, what kind of small businesses will young people have in the future?
5. In your opinion, what skills are required to start a small business?
1. For children, what age do you think is suitable to allow them to use cellphones?
2. Is it popular for children to use cellphones in your country?
3. What do teenagers in your country use cellphones for?
4. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using cellphones?
5. Why are many people addicted to apps?
1. In your opinion, what makes a city a good one to live in?
2. What are the advantages of living in a city?
3. Let’s move on from the positive aspects of cities to the negative aspects of cites. In your opinion, what are the negative aspects of crowded cities?
4. How can governments improve living standards in crowded cities?
1. Do you think the weather has an influence on people’s mood?
2. How do you feel about the climate in recent years?
3. What can we do to stop the greenhouse effect?
4. What are the possible results if the temperature continues going up?
5. What do people usually do in winter?
1. What vegetables are common in your country?
2. Do people like to grow vegetables in your country?
3. How do people feel when they eat vegetables that they grew on their own?
4. Let’s move on to the topic of organic vegetables. As we know organic fruits and vegetables are more expensive than conventional fruits and vegetables, but they are actually worth the extra cost. Do you think organic fruit deserves a higher price?
1. What is the difference between big companies and small companies?
2. Are there a lot of big companies in your country?
3. What are the good things about working for a big company?
4. Should big companies be punished more seriously than small companies?
5. Why do some people choose to work at an international company?
1. Why do people feel nervous when they are giving a speech to others?
2. How can people improve their public speaking skills?
3. Can you suggest any methods that would help reduce nervousness?
4. Is it good for people to visit schools and give a talk to children about different things?
1. What are the most popular electronic devices in today’s world?
2. What devices do you think will be popular in the future?
3. Let’s move on to the role of electronic devices in today’s society. Do you think people spend too much money on electronic devices?
4. In what ways can electronic devices make our lives harder?
1. What is the main reason people cannot have enough time to do?
2. How can people balance their time for working and their private life?
3. Do people nowadays have more pressure time than before?
4. Is it important for people to relax during the day?
1. Can you compare some exciting activities people do now with activities people did 20 years ago?
2. Why do some people enjoy doing dangerous sports?
3. Do you think some dangerous activities should be banned?
4. Let’s move on from exciting activities to people doing new things in general. Should people try doing new things?
1. Are people more polite with non-family members than they are with their parents?
2. Are people today as polite as people were in the past?
3. Why is it important to show respect to others?
4. How do people show politeness in your country?
5. How do you deal with impolite people?
1. Do you think it’s important to know about other cultures?
2. How can we benefit from learning about other cultures?
3. What do you think is the best way to learn about another culture?
4. Do you think that learning foreign languages can help us understand foreign cultures?
5. What does it mean to be polite in your culture?
1. In what situations do people in your country buy furniture?
2. In families in your country, who usually decides what furniture to buy for the home?
3. How do people in your country decide what furniture to buy for the home or office?
4. Do people in your country prefer traditional or modern styles of furniture?
1. In a typical family, who plays the leading role?
2. In your country, what kinds of family members usually live together?
3. Do young and middle-age people live with old people?
4. What impact has divorce and/or modern-day living had on the family?
5. Is the nanny and/or the day-care center the third parent?
1. Why do some students dislike studying at school?
2. What school activities are good for schoolchildren?
3. Are there good colleges in your country?
4. Are college tuitions reasonable in your country?
5. Do many people in your country study abroad?
1. Why do people give gifts in our society?
2. Why do some people like to give handmade gifts instead of purchasing them in a store?
3. What kind of educational gifts can be given to children?
4. Let’s talk about giving money to children as a gift. Do you think is it good to give money to children as a gift?
1. How do people in your country spend free time?
2. Is there any difference in spending free time now with the past?
3. Does this change bring any advantage?
4. How does finance affect the way people spend their free time?
5. Is it important to have a hobby?
1. Do you like helping others?
2. Do you think people are less willing to help others these days compared to the past?
3. Do people today trust others as much as they used to in the past?
4. How do people in your community help each other?
5. Let’s move on to the topic of educating children to help people. In your view, should children be taught to help others?
1. Why some people lose contact with their childhood friends?
2. How do people in your country make friends these days?
3. Why is it hard to maintain friendships for some people?
4. Why Is it easier to make friends on the internet than in reality?
1. Do you think history is important?
2. Do you like to learn about history?
3. What do you think we can learn by studying history?
4. Let’s move on to different ways of learning about history. In your opinion, how can people learn about history?
1. Which do you prefer? Having plans or having no plans?
2. In general, do you think planning is important?
3. Why do people make plans?
1. What types of people influence the young in your country?
2. What type of people, such as parents, teachers, or friends, are best to influence young people’s behavior?
3. Why it is important for young people to have role models?
4. What do you think young people will be influenced by the most in the future?
1. Is it possible for women to join the army in your country?
2. Is it compulsory for men to join the army in your country?
3. In your country are the responsibilities of a mother the same as the responsibilities of a father to their families?
4. What are the responsibilities of a father/mother in a family?
1. Do women pay more attention to their health than men?
2. Could governments do more to promote healthier lifestyle options?
3. Do you think most people worry more about their health as they get older? What do old people in your country do to keep fit?
4. What else people can do to keep fit besides sports?
1. What is the general attitude towards arriving somewhere late in your country?
2. What is an example of a time that it is very important for people to arrive on time in your country?
3. Can you suggest some ways to make sure you are not late for anything?
1. What are some of the different reasons why people use the Internet?
2. Some people say that different age groups have different tastes on Internet contents. What do you think?
3. What influences can (or, does) the Internet have on children/teenagers?
4. Do you think parents should control what Internet sites their children visit on the Internet?
1. What kind of quality should a language teacher have?
2. Why people want to learn a foreign language?
3. Which language is likely to become dominant in the future?
4. Do you think that disappearing languages should be protected or should we just let them fade away?
5. What are the advantages & disadvantages of being monolingual?
1. How do advertisements attract attention?
2. Do young and old people have the same attitudes towards advertisements?
3. Do you think advertisements are a good or bad influence on children?
4. Do you think advertisements actually influence people to buy tilings? And How?
1. What types of leisure activities are popular in your country?
2. Are there the types of leisure activities that are still as popular today as they were in the past?
3. What types of leisure activities may become more popular in the future?
4. Let’s move on to the importance of leisure activities. Why it is important for people to have time for leisure activities?
1. What is the most common technology used by people in your country, and the second-most?
2. Are there any other places that need technology?
3. Does it possible to live without technology?
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of technology?
1. What kinds of machines are used for housework in modern homes in your country?
2. How have these machines benefited people? Are there any negative effects of using them?
3. Do you think all new homes will be equipped with household machines in the future? Why?
4. Let’s move on to technology. Do you think people rely too much on technology?
1. What social network do people in your country usually use?
2. What are some good points about social networking?
3. What are some bad points about social networking?
4. What type of information should you put on social networking sites?
1. How much freedom should parents give to their teenagers?
2. What do you think are some of the greatest problems facing teenagers today?
3. How does media affect the thinking patterns of the teenagers of today?
4. Do you think teenagers today should show more respect for adults?
1. Do you think it’s important to have a good memory?
2. Why do sometimes people forget things?
3. Which do you think is more important to remember, a business meeting or a meeting with a friend?
4. Are there any things that are especially important for people to memorize?
5. Let’s move on from memory to family history. Why do people want to remember their family history?
1. What measures should the government take to solve transportation problems in traveling?
2. What types public transport can be found in your country?
3. Why types of public transport do you use most?
4. Are there any public transport problems in your country?
1. Is money important to you?
2. What is the relationship between money and power?
3. Let’s move on to teaching children about money. How do you think parents can teach the value of money to their children?
4. Do you think it is important to teach children money skills?
Travel & Holidays
1. Do you think modern life give people enough time for leisure?
2. What’s the most important factor for a tourist attraction?
3. Do you think we should have more public holidays?
4. What do people need before travelling to another country?
5. Is there any difference between young tourists and adult tourists?
1. What are the parents’ responsibilities for their children?
2. What’s the influence of parents on their children?
3. What would children do to make their parents proud?
4. What do you think are some of the most difficult problems faced by parents?
1. Do you think people can learn about history in museums?
2. What about science? How can museums help us learn about science?
3. Many children these days don’t like museums. Why is that?
4. Are history museums useful?
News / Magazines
1. What kinds of magazines are popular?
2. Is journalist an interesting job?
3. Why do some journalists go to the battlefield to report the war?
4. Why do some people still read paper magazines?
5. Do you think it’s important to keep up with the news?
1. What do you think is the main danger the world face in term of environment?
2. What example are there of how we damage the natural world?
3. Are there litter laws in your country?
4. What is the penalty for littering in your country?
5. Are there any lessons to learn from nature?
1. What kind of music is popular in your country?
2. How does pop music now compare to when you were growing up?
3. Is foreign music or music from your country more popular with people your age?
4. Do you think is it necessary for the government to require all children to learn music?
1. Who do you think is more responsible for pollution, individual people or the government? Explain.
2. Do you know about any anti-pollution programs in your community?
3. Are companies more or less environmentally responsible now than they were in the past?
4. What types of energy are popular in your native country?
5. What are some ways energy is wasted?
1. What kinds of clothes do people wear after work?
2. Do you think it is necessary for children to wear school uniforms?
3. Where do people in your country buy clothes?
4. When do people wear formal clothes?
5. Will the way we dress influence the way we behave?
1. Why do some young people dislike living with old people?
2. What are the advantages of living with old people?
3. What are the causes of the generation gap?
4. What’s the difference between teenagers and children?
5. Is it possible for parents and children to be friends?
1. For parents, what is important when bringing up their children?
2. Do you think mothers and fathers have different roles to play in bringing up a child?
3. Let’s move on to the education of children. Do you think hitting children is sometimes necessary for discipline?
4. Do you think sweets are a good thing to reward children with?
1. Do young people like to watch TV nowadays?
2. What kind of TV programs do young people like?
3. Do you think TV will be replaced by computers?
4. What do you think about TV advertisements?
5. Why do people like watching television?
1. When do people usually have parties in your country?
2. What makes a good party?
3. What are the main reasons why people organize family parties in your country?
4. In some places, people spend a lot of money on parties that celebrate special family events. Is this ever true in your country? Do think this is a good trend or a bad trend?
1. How to become a professional photographer?
2. Do you need a professional photographer for important events?
3. What kinds of devices do people like to use for taking photos these days?
4. Why do some people like to keep photos? = Are photos important?
5. Has the way people take photos changed?
1. What kinds of products are mostly imported into your country?
2. In your opinion, why do some people like to buy imported products?
3. Let’s move on to local products. What are some famous local products in your country?
4. Do you think a country should make everything it needs or import some things?
1. Is drama series popular in your country? Why?
2. What is the difference between young people and old people’s favorite TV drama? Why?
3. Do you think people will change their preference of TV dramas when getting older?
4. What is the influence of foreign show on people in your country?
Retirement and old age
1. When should people start saving for retirement?
2. At what age should people retire from work?
3. Why do some companies encourage early retirement?
4. What problems can people face after retirement?
5. How important are retirees to your country’s economy?
1. Do many people eat in restaurants in your country?
2. Why do some people enjoy eating out?
3. Is it expensive to eat out in your country?
4. Let’s move on from eating in restaurants to cooking at home. Do you like to cook at home?
5. Nowadays, more and more people are unwilling to cook. Why is this happening?
1. Should all students pay for their university education?
2. Is higher education too expensive in your country?
3. What advantages do universities bring to society?
4. How should students spend their summer vacations?
1. Why do we have rules in society?
2. Do you think it’s necessary to set up rules about overworking people?
3. What are some examples of rules that exist in many families?
4. What are some rules that exist in schools or workplaces in your country?
Leadership and politics
1. Can leadership skills be taught?
2. Do some people are born to be leaders?
3. What should a leader do to remain popular?
4. Why are elected politicians often so unpopular?
1. Is shopping a popular activity in your country?
2. How have shopping habits changed over recent years?
3. To what extent do you think advertising affects the way people shop?
4. Do you think shopping habits are likely to change in the future?
1. Is higher education too expensive in your country?
2. Should all students pay for their university education?
3. Can you compare the education your parents had with the education that you received?
4. What changes do you think will happen in the classrooms of the near future?
1. What can people learn from mistakes?
2. Can mistakes help people to be more successful?
3. How to avoid making mistakes?
4. What’s the best way to gain experience in life?
5. Do you agree that we learn best from our mistakes?
1. What social problems are there in your country?
2. What about poverty? What can be done to alleviate poverty?
3. Are there many charities in your country?
4. Let’s move on to talk about the overpopulation problem. Why do so many people move to live in cities?
1. What creative activities did you like to do when you were young?
2. Why do people like to copy others’ ideas these days?
3. What’s the best way to cultivate children’s creativity?
4. Do you think creativity can be learned?
5. Why does art help to nurture creativity?
1. What types of sports are popular in your country?
2. Do you think the types of sports that are popular will change in the future?
3. Let’s move on to talk about some positive aspects of sports. In your opinion, what are the benefits of playing a sport?
4. What about cultural aspects? How can sports bring people from different countries closer together?
1. Should actors be paid more?
2. What influences do actors or actresses have on young people?
3. Are there many people in your country who want to work as an actor?
4. Who are more popular, TV stars or movie stars?
5. Are famous people always happy?
1. How well-respected are teachers in your society?
2. Do you think teachers get paid enough money in your country?
3. What role should the teacher have in the classroom?
4. In your opinion, what are the most important qualities for a good teacher to have?
1. What’s the most important factor in decision-making?
2. Do you think adults always make better decisions than children?
3. Do you like to make quick decisions?
4. What can people learn from wrong decisions?
5. Should parents make decisions for their children?
1. What kinds of possessions are considered high-status to people in your country?
2. Were different possessions thought of as valuable in the past?
3. Why do you think people need to show their status in society?
4. Do you think advertising influences what people buy?
- 参照: IELTS対策 まとめ